Friday, 12 December 2014

ES1 Hour of Code

Back in August I came upon an idea for students across North America to write their own coded programs, on the computer, The founders of this idea called it The Hour of Code. I registered our class and this week we have been writing our code to guide Elsa (from Disney's Frozen movies) around an ice rink. My students have had so much fun with this concept we will continue to work with computer coding over the rest of the year. This program encourages students to gain spacial awareness and to work with both directional cues as well as determining how many degrees to move the character. I have to admit I have a few whiz kids when it comes to writing computer programs!




1 comment:

  1. It was so exciting to see you all working away as programmers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete